Friday, June 20, 2008

Minutia alert. This one's gonna be a doozy. Nana is out of school now and has little to do other than pester me to post (I kid, I kid)... and that Nana wants ALL the details of our vacay, so... other readers, you've been warned.
We drove and drove and drove. We picked up Nana and PawPaw's trailer and gigantic diesel guzzler and headed South. We made stops just about everywhere you can make a stop. Finally at the Diamond Shamrock in Corsicana, Texas (they sell ice cream AND nudie magazines!) we got an ice cream treat and no nudie magazines. I told you this was going to be detailed!

We arrived in Waco for our first night of camping just in time to hook up the trailer and hit the pool.


Ethan loves bridges, tunnels, basically any structure that spans water, trees, rocks, or another structure... so this was a big treat. "I go over the bridge!.. You see that?"
Ethan met two boys at the pool, who naturally became named Waco. We kept telling him that we were going to Waco and we would get in the pool, so I guess he was looking for a concrete representation of Waco. Now all young men between the ages of 5 and 9 are Waco.

I, personally, don't feel like I'm on vacation until I can eat cookies naked on the couch. Just a little something I passed on to Ethan.

Waco was a quick stop enroute to our final destinaton: The Blazin Star Luxury RV Resort. We're trailer people now. I'm not sure that anything subsequent will live up to the Blazin' Star. We had a nice "yard" for our gross motor sports... it had an excellent playground and a lovely pool. We could have signed up for massages and card tournaments (for real!), or visited the arcade in the clubhouse. When not at Sea World, we were in the pool, or (woops!) locked out of our trailer. My bad. It was totally my fault. Luckily, that fine husband of mine has been workin' out and fit through that iiidy biiidy door that SOME OTHER GUY'S key opened. Hmmm. Suprisingly, that was our only trailer goof-up. All the wheels stayed on, nothing got broken.


We all had a really nice, relaxing, fun time and we wished we could have stayed longer. There were suprisingly many young families at the Blazin' Star. We thought we'd be the anomoly amongst blue jumpsuits and velcro shoes... but we were pleasantly suprised. There were kids everywhere... and they were all named Waco?!

We came back through Shreveport on our way home and spent some time with our brown-eyed cousins (and Sue too!). We ditched the deisel in Little Rock and we're thankful to be back in our gas-guzzler at a mere $4 bucks a gallon. I could do a whole commentary on the culture of truck stops... I'll keep Nana waiting for that one. I could also comment on the snobbery of the RV world. It put me back to wanting those hi-top Reebocks in the 4th grade. There is definately some BRAND COMPARISON in the RV world. How long's your rig? You got pull-outs? Cable? You're pulling it with what? I don't know if my key will open your door- you're rig looks too old. WOW!


Did I spell anomoly right up there? I'm sure Nana will tell me. If everyone else is bored, then I have done Nana proud. At least I'm not going to send you a christmas card... think of it that way.
Looking forward to our next vacation!!! E

No comments: