Tuesday, February 27, 2007

First day of school! For those who don't know, the Mama gut went off AGAIN... (it is SO loud sometimes) and we switched schools. This mama (and dad) decided it was time for some more structure, some nap time, some activities, etc... Anyway, we started today. He marched in like he owned the place, with his backpack full of necessities (one frog, one I Spy book, an extra hat, Fuzz the Blanket) and told me bye bye.
He slept on a cot (I was sure that wouldn't work) for 3 HOURS! 3 HOURS! That's the kinda nap I'm talkin' about. He had a good day, and that means I had a good day.


Cousins galore! Eli, and Emily, and Baxter and Gibson all came over this weekend to celebrate Papa's 80th birthday. He was proud of his brood... how many 80 year olds get to sit around with their five great-grand kids? It was a fun party.



Ethan figured out that Tostitos are better than Cheerios. I can't argue with him. I tend to agree. He carried it everywhere with him on Sunday, and it took him 6 hours to finish it. Perseverance.

One more hat pic... he requests them before we walk out the door. Sidenote- he can walk to the car. This is so big. I have an arm back. Someone told me when he was really little that the day he could walk to the car would change my life. She was right.
I can carry all my things again. He did make pitstops at the wagon, the basketball net, the flowerbed, back to the wagon, but we'll improve our efficiancy in due time.
I have to go freeze 32 dollars worth of Girl Scout cookies before I do something foolish. :) E

No comments: