Saturday, July 19, 2008

BOYNASTICS! Maybe we're a little early for organized sport experiences. He followed his coaches' directions well for the first 10 minutes, then the lure of the wide open floor couldn't be contained. He ran laps in-between all his turns. It was an empty gym with 2 and 3 year olds, so he was safe, and I only became THAT MOM one time from the observation deck. So I used his whole name, and I snapped, and I told him to listen.... Shaun sat me back down. Mine wasn't the only kid not sitting where he was supposed to be.
It's funny. There's this study, that all kids really want is boundries, and they tested some preschoolers on a playground with a fence. The fence was up for a while, then they wanted to see what happened when the fence came down. All the kids were terrified, and wouldn't step foot outside their previous boundry. My segue- Ethan was running laps, but he confined himself to the tape line of the floor. His very patient coach would wrangle him in as best she could for a while, but then she realized that he was on a very planned course, inside the line, and wasn't going to deviate, so she let him make laps instead of playing in the castle while the other girl was going.
I won't say he was advanced, but my boy's got some skills. Luckily, Northwest Arkansas doesn't have any competitive boy's gymnstics programs. I looked into it before we started. I'm not going to gymnastics meets. Been there, done that.



He wanted to take his shirt off the whole time like the girls, and I'm waiting for a request for a leotard. I'm sure it's coming.
Ethan is staying home for Camp Nana next week. She asked for it! I'm sure we'll get good pics out of it.
E

No comments: