Saturday, November 22, 2008

I thought it was the terrible twos?! Here, at two years, 11 months, and almost 2 weeks we've seen the worst yet. In this week, Ethan has:
1. Missed play-rug at school for not listening
2. BEEN SENT TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE. They apparently "talked about ice cream... she likes banilla." I'm still following up on this one.
3. Lost all his football uniforms
4. Been sent to bed at 6:30

Don't get me wrong, we still like him most of the time, but FOR REAL... this is getting hard. I will now work through my parental hardships by naming one precious moment for every not so precious one:
1. Friday was farm day at school. He obviously dressed up, to the max. He was standing at the front door at 745, I was still in a towel. He said "Come on, Mama, Old McEthan needs to get to farm day."
2. He asked me, genuinely, how Santa was going to get in the house. I got to tell him.
3. He told me he was sorry for not listening.. without being told to tell me.
4. He giggled 'til he farted while he and Shaun were playing Crash-trucks-through- book-tunnels.

Ahhh. Cathartic.
I have heartburn.
9 weeks to go until we really get to test Ethan's psyche.
:) EBO

No comments: