Monday, April 10, 2006

In a last ditch effort to save Mable's life, we put some little doggy mittens on her to keep her from digging up the yard. The duct tape is on the shoes, not her, I am assured. She didn't dig at all today... and she has almost figured out how to walk normally again. And look! I still have those flip flops I bought in the fall of 95!!
Ethan's still cool. He had his school picture made on Friday. I guess they propped him up with a stick or something. I hope there were some fake Easter Eggs or some sort of cheesy prop that we can make fun of.
And we tried some rice cereal. I know its futile, as the he hasn't lost his infantile tongue thrust yet, BUT... we were bored. He took about 4 bites then let me know that he preferred his food the old fashioned way.
Just had to include it for obvious reasons. I thought that I would be above all the "look at him sleeping" hype. But I'm not. Those chubby little cheeks and pouty lips can make me get all watery-eyed. I got to see him no less than 6 times today while I was at work. Perk! Perk! Perk! I don't mind staying until 4:30 if he's in the other room.
The Bumbo is getting to be used a bit more. I think we'll move on up to the bouncy doorway contraption next. Just what a thrower-uper needs... a little more shaky shake! We'll keep him on the tile.
In other news, we've found a babysitter! Her name is Joy and she's a UA freshman (jealous!) planning a career in nursing. She works at Sunbridge and watches Ethan in the afternoons, so she knows him and his quirks... and since she's a college freshman (again, ju ju jelly bean jealous!), we can go out for as long as we can stand it and she's back at the dorms before anything exciting happens. She said they usually go out around 11 and will be back by 4 AM. WHAT THA?! No way.
I figure if she doesn't flunk out, we've got a babysitter for 3 more years. SCORE!
I've blogged long enough to hear the dishwasher be turned on. Fancy my timing, ehe? I made coffee this morning... good trade. Some of the awe of 4 months ago has worn off and I'm back on kitchen duty. BOOOOOOOOOO. I'm going to go play with Shaun. Ethan is fast asleep, hopefully for the duration.

lervy dervy topsy turvey, E

No comments: