Friday, March 24, 2006

Excuses excuses....





















So here's my story, and my handful of excuses why I haven't posted in so long. First, I am a full-time working mother. I shouldn't have to explain myself further, but I will..... Second, the batteries in my camera went out. Lame, yes... but the truth. Third, I wrote a HUGE blog this morning, with 8 pictures, and it. was. halarious. Well written, better read, full of witty reparte... but when it was time to publish, the thing said it had lost its connection. I gave up. Nana and Momo have both made requests, and I can't let them down, so... eh hmmm, I begin again.....
I'm going to try to line up my remarks with the appropriate pictures, for the readers' enjoyment.


Ethan had a beer on Mike Kjccsdjf;oiseroiejlk.jskjfhsky last night. GEAUX TIGERS! We are those people who bring our kid to restaurants and sit him on the table. Rach is going to make him a fake ID so he can get into more places.


Ummm what else... Ethan got a new carseat. It is GINORMOUS, but says that it will fit him until he's 65 pounds. Sounds ridiculous to me, but I'm going with it. It has fancy features like little velcro strips that hold back the straps, and belly pillow so his little weiny isn't crushed by the seat buckle, and the fancy cow print absorbs spit up like nobody's business. You just have to rub it in and it disappears.


We're up to a fat bracelet on each arm and each ankle. When he smiles he can't turn his head because of his extra fat chin. His current loves are crazy face, as seen in car seat, the taggie blanket, as seen in the following swing pics, and chewing on his entire fist. He's almost figured out the cause and effect of the pointer finger and uncomfortable gag reflex. He can; however, fit his entire fist in his mouth.

We have a fan club at Sunbridge Early Learning Center. I suppose they teach the "shh shh he's my favorite don't tell the other moms" to all early ed students, but its working like a charm on me. The young women... they seem like girls... but I know they're not... they are all of college age or above... and I hate it when people men especially, refer to me as the "girl in charge of therapy" so anyway, the young young women in the front room of the school say "Aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwa! Eeeeeeethan's heeeeere." His teacher, Tonya, has said that she "hasn't loved another child like this since her own were born" GEEEES! They are really laying it on thick if they're just trying to get a christmas present out of me or something. His school persona is the cuddly calm one. Hmpf! I always just agree with them and thank them for taking care of him. I LOVE THAT PLACE!

This program keeps erasing the pictures I post. I can't stand it any longer. I'm just going to shove as many pictures as I can on here and publish before I lose this post.

AND.... GREAT NEWS!!!! I got some pillow shams! I know, I know. It. IS. very. exciting.
THey are just plain, BUT, I found this embroidery place that is RIGHT up the road... so I'm contemplating a monogram. Just the fact that its accessible is comforting. Shaun is prejudiced against pillow shams. I'm counseling him on why we put them on the floor to go to sleep.

Anyway, enjoy the pics, we're enjoying our boy every day. See everyone soon. Love love, E















No comments: