Saturday, March 25, 2006

St. Planter's Day!


St. Planter's Day is when we invite Cheryl Dawn over for her expertise in flower beds and anything growth related. She's amazing at it. I drew out a plan and she's going to make it come true.
We went to Westwood Gardens this morning and walked about and saw 10 million things we'd love to have... begonias in hangin baskets, 500 dollar trees, etc.. etc... etc.. We decided instead to make this our prep day. We bought afew things for some planters (another CD specialty) and did our manual labor.
Our work looks insignificant in the pictures, but we did shovel all the grass out of the ground and raked until the dirt was a mushy and ready for planting. We made some planters to fufill that instant gratification need I have and we'll do more tomorrow. Shaun got to buy a new wheelbarrow, and Ethan slept through the whole thing. Everyone knows now that my former goal was for people to say "ooh, it smells good in here" when they walked in my house. That goal has been countered with one. smelly. baby as of late, so my NEW goal is for people to walk towards my house, linger a bit in the gardens, and then say "your flowers are beautiful." Now don't just go saying that if it isn't true. I don't like empty compliments. I'm contemplating an azalea wall. It will be grand. It could take me a couple of seasons to get it all together.
LSU is playing... I gotta go.



No comments: